The Department of Housing takes your safety very seriously, and we are
doing our best to improve resident's safety every day. It can't be
entirely our responsibility, however. Please do your part to keep
your belongings, your neighbors, and yourself safe.
- Don't allow people to walk in behind you when you enter your
- Always lock your door when you are not in your room or you are
going to be sleeping or otherwise not paying attention to what is
- Take your keys with you whenever you leave your room.
- Register your valuables with the Police, or at least, have your
serial numbers written down and kept in a safe place
- Never leave valuables (CDs, satellite radios, cell phones,
shopping bags, mp3 players, money, etc.) visible in your car.
- Always evacuate the building when the alarm sounds.
- Be aware of what is going on around you, and report suspicious
things to the Police (894-2500) or the student staff member in
This website is designed to provide you with tools to help you with
the above. You can see the latest crime statistics for residential
areas on campus, register your bike and your laptop with the Police,
find out where to evacuate to in case of an emergency, and ask
questions or make comments to Housing and the Police about safety
issues on campus.
BOLOs - Be On the LookOut (Coming soon)
(Print and fill out form. Then bring to the Police Department to receive your regstration decal.)
Have a question?
FAQ (Coming soon)
Emergency Evacuation Plan